Presenting the Best from the Golden Age of Radio
Nationally syndicated for over 20 years!
When Radio Was brings listeners the very best of the Golden Age of Radio. Packed with classic performers, iconic characters, and top-flight story-telling, When Radio Was is pure timeless entertainment:
- Detectives and Crime Fighters - Return to the scene of the crime with The Shadow, Sam Spade, The Green Hornet, Gang Busters, Sherlock Holmes, and many more!
- Comedy Classics - Laugh along with the great performers - Jack Benny, Abbott & Costello, Red Skelton, Our Miss Brooks, Burns & Allen and many others!
- Drama, Westerns, Mysteries, Thrillers, Sci-Fi - Enjoy classic western adventure with Hopalong Cassidy, the top stars of Hollywood in Screen Director's Playhouse, chilling horror in Lights Out, and so much more!
Each broadcast edition of When Radio Was features the shows that have a life of their own. The ones that will be remembered for generations to come. And, our programs have been digitally remastered and restored to provide optimum listener enjoyment.
While decades have passed since their original airdates, the shows offered in When Radio Was are pure entertainment, just as fresh and thrilling today as they were back in radio's heyday.
Join the hundreds of AM and FM stations around the country who are delivering top-flight entertainment to their listeners devoted audiences to their advertisers.
Program Directors Love WHEN RADIO WAS!
Here are just some of the reasons why stations rave about our show:
- * It appeals to a broad cross-section of listeners-young and old alike
- * Loyal audiences grow with each ratings period
- * Listeners can't get enough of these unique, high-quality programs
- * It consistently beats typical talk, news and music programming
- * It stands out from the competition - there is nothing else like it!